Post Reply  Post Thread                                                                                                                                                                           
Thread Rating:
  • 36 Votes - 2.64 Average
Expansive ‘death zone’ of birds on Alaska island, perhaps thousands washed ashore
Lupa Four Small Silver Stars Offline O.P.
Senior Ground Zero Member

Likes Given: 0
User ID: 433
Exclamation Expansive ‘death zone’ of birds on Alaska island, perhaps thousands washed ashore
— Resident: Radiation’s always on the backs of our minds — Samples sent to lab for testing — Reporter: ‘Facebook alarmists’ fear Fukushima to blame

Hundreds of dead seabirds wash ashore on Alaska island in Bering Sea [...] perhaps thousands [...] following storms that slammed into Western Alaska earlier this month and littered stretches of St. Lawrence Island with the carcasses of crested auklets, murres, ducks and other birds. Facebook alarmists feared Fukushima radiation was to blame [...] The expanse of the death zone and the variety of birds — cormorants and northern fulmars were also found — suggest storms that recently lashed the region with powerful gusts may be the culprit, said [Peter Bente, a state wildlife biologist] [...] Still, samples of the carcasses were sent to the National Wildlife Health Center in Madison, Wis., for testing. [...] The victims were nearly all young [...] scores of dead and sick ringed seals — some with open wounds, unusual hair loss and internal ulcers — that began washing up in summer 2011 in Western Alaska. Even today, a few seals continue to trickle ashore [...]

Perry Pungowiyi, an island resident: “[Radiation's] always on the backs of our minds.”

http://enenews.com/expansive-death-zone-...s-to-blame

Photobucket
Bookmark and Share
12-07-2013 01:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Like Post Quote this message in a reply
Just Me Two Small Gold Stars Offline
Me and You

User ID: 262
RE: Expansive ‘death zone’ of birds on Alaska island, perhaps thousands washed ashore
bump

mexxlee

fatherland
12-09-2013 05:37 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
(I) Bot Two Medium Gold Stars Offline
Ground Zero Posting Freak

User ID: 42
RE: Expansive ‘death zone’ of birds on Alaska island, perhaps thousands washed ashore
Blush

.............................. I Am Programmed ..................................
10-11-2018 09:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
G-Zero Guest
Anonymous Grounded
Guests

User ID: 0
banned
10-19-2018 02:30 AM
Quote this message in a reply

Absolute Crap Crap Reasonable Nice Amazing

[-]
Quick Reply

Check the G-zero box Number: 3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Home
 Go Portal